Monday, January 23, 2006

Final Results, #1 - Del Mar RallyX - January 20, 2006


Final Results, 1st annual - Del Mar Rally Cross - January 20, 2006

I did go...and decided to run...and met some really cool and vastly more experienced drivers who helped me a ton.

First run was pretty scary on street tires but I got the feel for it and the track got quite a bit faster by the last run of the day.

I didnt think I hit a cone on the last run, but must have missed that info at the gate. An experienced driver told me "if you dont hit at least 1 cone today, youre not pushing hard enough".

Judging by the results, it seems that not hitting cones was key to my success.

Ended up with a 2nd place finish in the street stock class!!! Recouped my entry fee and had enough left over for a coffee!

Some shots from the event on flickr by Christopher Keach

...and a slideshow which has some actual pics of my runs here!

Next event is the CRS rally school and competition Feb 11 & 12 in Ridgecrest. Going to need to get some better tires before hand. Word was the BFG KDWS are a good way to stay street.

No comments: