Monday, June 25, 2007

Steven R Kutcher - Bug Art - Gallery

PVR's let you sample some wierd shit you wouldnt normally waste your time on. In this case I'm still not sure what I've got.

I use BeyondTV, a splendid PC based PVR (think Tivo in your PC). Every once in a while I get frustrated with my apathy to TV and decide there must be something worthwhile if only I was paying attention to what's on. I am a recovering History Channel burnout. At 500+ channels and a personal avoidance of most pop culture and all network TV it's tough to wade through the archaic TV Guide style listings of all that crap...but BeyondTV (like most PVRs) at least offers some decent searching and surfing options via the fast scrolling and ad free in-program listing guide. The web interface is handy too for scheduling remote recordings or taking a minute out of the day at the mill to do a quick search for something random to grab that might be worth a peek.

Yesterday I perused the guide for documentaries and made 2 quick selections. Random and Riveting on something called the Current TV network. And some George Stephanopoulos talk show I vaguely remember as passable for news.


I've only had it on in the background while while working but, Random & Riveting seems to be a collection of viewer contributed video pod casts with G4-esque hosts...(possibly backed by Google? Odd stuff. Some of it felt after school safe, but one random and local gem poped up.

A piece, hopefully self produced, on Steven R Kutcher's Bug Art

I think the Cat painting thing was sold out as the sham that it obviously was, but this is indisputable genius at work! He even has the PETA rebuttal planned!

Sadly, Current TV decided this is availble "only on TV". So much for convergence, eh?

No comments: